Philadelphia Residents Stop Car Thieves via Email

This is a satirical website. Don't take it Seriously. It's a joke.

Sunday 25 September 2059 73351 Shares

PHILADELPHIA, PA – Two minors were arrested after a lengthy high-speed chase Sunday night in the Market - Frankfort section of the City.

The chase began just outside of the “Trace 3” Pub in the 3700 block of West Oakmont Avenue.

Philadelphia police said eyewitnesses at the scene reported seeing two masked men in dark clothing breaking into a 2001 Jeep Wrangler that was parked next to the pub. Officers arrived at the scene just moments after the thieves drove off. Several other officers joined in the chase that continued down Oakmont Avenue and onto Route 95 South.

At one point, officers reported speeds in excess of 105 MPH. The thieves began to hurl objects out the window as the police continued to pursue them.

Back at the pub, Shawn Brown, 26, of Mt. Airy, sent an anonymous email from a smartphone that was left near the scene of the theft. Several other witnesses also began sending anonymous emails to various residents in hopes that the massive amounts of emails would “shock” the stolen Jeep’s OBD computer and cause the transmission to slip.

The email barrage worked, and within moments the pursuit ended when the Jeep stalled and one suspect jumped out of the front seat seat and took off running. He quickly surrendered to police after a brief struggle. The other suspect was arrested without a struggle.

Both suspects were taken into custody. They both face multiple charges of theft, operating a vehicle without a license and various traffic offenses.

“This is the way we want citizens to respond to crime”, Officer Henry Murphy told reporters outside Precinct 26, “with technology – not violence.”

This is a satirical website. Don't take it Seriously. It's a joke.

loading Biewty

Most Popular

  1. 1

    bigfoot sighting at jackson lake campground near oak hill ohio Several eye witness reported seeing a large hairy animal of some kind near the Jackson lake campground. Local authorities are asking people to be cautious if you are planning on fishing near this area. One of the witnesses where able to snap a picture with their cell phone before the creature ran away near the Tommy Been rd area.

  2. 2

    new york city woman loses her temper, causes black hole to swallow her entire town Anna, 26, of New York City, DC was in the middle of an argument with a colleague when her temper got so out of control, it formed a small black hole, which demolished the vast majority of her neighborhood. "I just couldn't take it anymore, and unleashed my forces at the person who was irritating me. I had no idea the energy of my rage could cause such destruction," says Anna. Despite the ruination her anger has caused, Anna says she has no regrets. "I actually wish I knew I had this ability sooner!" Anna laughs. "There are a lot of people and things I could have eradicated from my life in this way."

  3. 3

    whale spotted in illinois river A humpback whale was spotted near Morris IL in the Illinois River today. The sighting comes just days after 2 Great White Sharks were seen frolicking in the same area. While not impossible, it does seem unlikely. It is thought that the whale may have followed the sharks as they sometimes do in the wild. The whale would of had to travel over 1250 miles to get to this location. The Marine Biologist Association will be in town for a full investigation. Until we have answers, we are asking folks to keep their pontoons and fishing boats docked.

  4. 4

    two great white sharks found swimming in mississippi river near saint louis, missouri. While it is not entirely impossible, it is incredibly uncommon for salt water dwelling creatures to stay for lengthy periods of time in fresh water. However, two Great White Sharks have managed to survive the trip and make their way up the Mississippi River somehow. Believed to have started as a mating couple, the two are assumed to have swam the 920 mile journey from the mouth of the Mississippi River that is connected to the Gulf Of Mexico. Officials in Saint Louis have contacted the Missouri Conservation Department and will likely have a team in the river soon to capture the two lost sharks.